Saturday, July 9, 2011

Painting again finally

I just got back last week from my sweet little nieces 1st birthday party in Holladay. Stella was a star! What an angel she is. I will provide a link to the Photographers blog and you can see the amazing shots taken of the lovely day. Driving from Colorado to Utah was not at all as bad as I anticipated. I was nervous as I headed out of our driveway with 5 of my 6 children in the car, but everything went really well. Right smack in the middle of our great Country, just near the continental divide, was our first stop for food, the weird thing is that we bumped into our good friends, the Townsends, who were heading back to Denver from Jackson Hole. What are the chances of that happening? Incredible. 5 or so hours later we made it to the Carlisles for a great long weekend. It was the best time ever! When we got back to our home in Greenwood Village, we welcomed our dear friends Val and David Leatt all the way from England. We celebrated the 4th of July together and have had a great time showing them around Denver. We went to Museums, the great Art show in Cherry Creek, walks etc. Our time with them is about to end as they are leaving today, we are really going to miss them. I have had a long extended vacation and I will now get back to painting again. During my time off, I have gained some inspiration from some of what I experienced and what I had seen, so I am really ready and excited to get back to work.