Tuesday, April 16, 2013

a stroll on the beach at La Hinch


This is an image of my husband and my son from a trip we took to Ireland. The beach here is La Hinch, it is on the west coast and it is a very unique surf town. Surfers gather in the pubs for pints of Guinness and bowls of garlicky mussels and live music plays well into the night. My husband has Irish ancestry and believes that La Hinch is special to our family, well, because of the name of course. I sold this painting from my studio in England during a open studios event.  I think it could be one of the very first paintings that I have ever sold. We now live back in the States, and I am so grateful that I have a photo of this painting as I found it difficult to part with it at the time of the show. But this is what I do, I paint and I want to share my fondness for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment